Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Altered Realities...

I Found this email in my sent foulder of my inbox.
Thought I'd share it here...


"Hey...
seems your email slipped under the radar and I had no idea I had
recieved it.

so, stuff about me eh...well if I follow suit and do a sort of sale of
the century style intro also...

I was born on the 15th of September, 1984 in the small birthing ward
of Shalhaven community hospital, but that was not all to occur that
night, for half an hour later my twin and best friend was born. I grew
up in the sticks, a small country town in New South Wales.

At the age of 5 I attended school for the first time, and by the age
of 7 I had decided that "when I grow up" i wanted to be a primary
school teacher, inspired by 2 great teachers in my life.

---Skip ahead a few years---

Now I am 20 years old and just completed my 2nd year of the Bachelor
of Education degree at University, I'm half-way!!

---Plans for the future---
Travel, I want to use my teaching to travel the world, and try and
make it a better place.
I want to volunteer on the African Mercy Ship, not sure for how long,
but it'll happen eventually.

I want to teach all over the world, though I have this incredible
desire to teach in some of the poorest regions of this planet, I
believe that yes we can keep giving them food, we can keep giving them
clothes, OR we can give them knowledge, we can give them education and
therefore, we equip them with the power to break the poverty cycle and
change their world!!

WOW!!

man, i get so passionate about it, I love what I do.

It was great to get your email, and I hope that I will hear from you
again..

I do have one question for you...what are your hopes for the future?

Always
Jess :D"
It's interesting that I wrote those things just 2 years ago. Truth be told I still hold onto those incredible passions, however in the last couple of years God has been working in my heart amazingly. Truth is I still want to do missionary work one day, I still want to adventure on the African Mercy Ship as a voluntary teacher, however I now have a greater passion for being right here, In Australia.
Over the last year or so, God has been revealing more and more the harvest that is ready right here in my very own nation, and to work with the children of this beautiful sunburnt land is an incredible honour and priviledge. I will do the missionary stuff one day, but I no longer see it as my permanant residence, I love Australia, I am so proud to call myself Australian and I more than anything, want to see God glorified right on this very land I stand. For one day he will be glorified from every land of this great earth, and there needs to be willing harvesters everywhere, why not right here, I don't need to go to the other side of the earth to see mighty miracles of salvation.

No comments: