Friday, June 09, 2006

Wheres Wesem?

yes, so I'm procrastinating. Currently I'm working on my final 3 assignments for...well...EVER!
coming to this close of sorts has got me thinking, thinking about life after university.

it's a curious thing really; having absolutely no idea where in the world I will be next year. I have a fairly confident prediction that it will indeed be Australia, however where in this incredible little island is anyones guess.
lets consider my options for a moment shall we;
  • I didn't tick the 'anywhere in the state' box so there's no chance I'll end up out the back of Burke [anything with that name's worth a hesitation ;) ]
  • My Aunt has been encouraging me to head to Melbourne and give the victorian education department a crack
  • I'm doing my internship at Taree Christian Community School, and while talking to the Principal he hinted at the fact that if my internship goes well there is a very real possibility that they're looking for new staff next year
  • Tims Mum Geraldine has been encouraging me to head to QLD and grab some teaching work in Brisbane.
  • I have it on good authority that Coopernook Christian School is on the lookout for 3 new teachers next year.

I'm ready for a change, Armidale has been incredibly kind to me, but I'm ready to move on.

You know I'm not worried, I'm really not.
I was at Bible study last week and we usually begin the time together with some worship and prayer. During the worship time I was really laying everything down before God, and as I was placing it before him, all my concerns and worries, all the stresses and confuzzlement I started to feel myself freaking out - but in that same moment, I felt the holy spirit pressing on my heart and in an instant I felt peace, as I stood there in this sort of quiet awe, I felt the words fall into my mind, "For I know the plans I have for you, say the lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope"...then a few moments later these came "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path"
God is so good.
Not only did I feel the peace, but I knew it was God because he greeted me with his word, and his word is good, it is strength to this life.

So I go...and I trust.

Be blessed lovely brothers and sisters
Lets share prayers.

P.S. Tim recommited his life last sunday night. He's coming to church. :D :D :D
AWESOME!

No comments: