Thursday, October 05, 2006

Angels En Masse

Every so often life decides to add some excitement to my dreary day to day exsistance :P
Nah, who am I kidding, life keeps me on my toes all the time, and life with God should really do nothing less.

Lets just say that on Monday afternoon, there was a small army of angels watching Tim and my Back.

Saturday night Tim headed down from Armidale to once and for all prove that he was capable of something spontaneous while also proving me wrong in the "You could never surprise me" department.
It worked, I was surprised and had no idea at all.

He brought his dad with him, they both rode on seperate bikes and stayed the night at our place. On Sunday Tims Dad, Russel headed back to Sydney, while Tim stayed on another night here in Forster.

Saturday was spend hooning around Forster on Dickies Sportsbike [which Tim had borrowed for the weekend]. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face as we screamed down the road at 150ks...was awesome!

Mum and Dad headed off for the weekend, leaving us kids with full run of the house. Grabbed at case of Cruisers and Carlton Blacks and sat around the place having a good yarn and a laugh. Invited Belle around but the woman Piked on us! Shame Belle! SHAME!! :P

Monday, Timmy was set to head back to Armidale, but before he headed off we decided to take one last ride round Forster. Right as we were about to leave Dad and Mum arrived home and in true father Braybrook fashion, out came the camera and captured a couple of these happy snaps.


With that, Tim and I headed out on the bike.
As we headed up towards main Beach, there was this little Mazda sitting in the middle of it's lane, no indicator, no breaklights, no sign of what it was going to do, Tim slowed as we apprached, but it gave no indication at all as to what it was doing, so we headed to pass it, and right as we sat side by side, it started to turn, hitting the bike.

All I can say is that Tim was Amazing. We should have fallen over, but he managed to re-balance and keep us upright. But more than that God was definitely watching over us.

We pulled over and the guy in the other car was adament that he hadn't done anything wrong, he even went so far as to claim that he was indicating...funny that two of us missed it.
And yes...Yes he was a tourist. Anyone who knows me well, knows how I carry on about the tourists who overrun my hometown on a regular holiday basis, they annoy the bejeebers outta me. And now, I'm fairly sure Tim will be joining me in my annoyance. ;)

Can I just say here that I was so proud of the way Tim handled the whole situation, the other bloke was standing over him, doing everything he could to try and intimidate and never for a second admitting that he had done anything even remotely wrong, yet Tim kept his cool, never acted disrespectful just took the needed information and swore to sort it all out and get in contact soon.

Though others may have seen his behaviour as being totally in control, I knew him well enough to know that he wasn't holding it all together as well as he seemed to be. I could tell he was stressed and he was feeling fairly flustered.

I had a good chat to his mum about it later and as it turns out, after he left Forster to head back to Armie, he had to pull over to throw up, coz he's been so worked up about it all.

After talking about it since, Tim says that it was because he couldn't believe he'd put me in so much danger, but as I explained to him, he never forced me to ride with him, that I've always and still always feel safe with him because he's a great rider and if anything it was my fault because I was the one who wanted to go for the ride that day.

The damage to the bike isn't too bad, couple of hundred to have it resprayed, and things are being sorted out with the other bloke.

we've all agreed that God definitely had his angels out watching us on Monday afternoon...
The only injury was my foot.
Tim hasn't seen it yet, because I know he'll feel bad (when it's not his fault)
But to be honest I'm kinda proud of my bruise...afterall, how many people can say that their foot has been hit by a car?!!

1 comment:

Paul said...

I can. My best mate ran over my foot in his mum's car when he was still on his Ps.

I didn't want to cause a fuss at home about friends and P-plate cars so I hid the very purple and painful bruise on my foot for quit a while with the constant wearing of socks.

I eventually spilled the beans in his 21st speech. It made for a great story.

Sorry to hear about the accident... but that was a really exciting blog post Jess!

P.S. New blog address: http://virtuallypaul.com