Tuesday, January 17, 2006

future thinkings.

So I have a vision. I have a desire to mission to Africa, I never exactly knew why, I've just always had a heart for teh African people and that nation. There are moments when I am so stirred, so moved to the point where I could jump on a plane and head over there in a flash, and then there are times when I nearly entirely lose sight of the vision altogether and I wonder if it will ever truely come to be.
However each and every time this loss has occured something has wriggled into my life which effectively rekindles those desires.

However of late the vision has changed somewhat. While I still have an incredibly soft spot for Africa, I believe that God has been softening my heart towards my own nation. Oh how I long for revival in Australia! It's almost humorous the way that people see missions as onlybeing across the sea.
I believe with everything within me that Australia is on the brink of revival. When I look at the happenings of our nation, when I look at the devastation, the heartbreak I am nearly entirely convinced that the time is approaching. For we know that the darkest time is just before the son begins to rise [yes, I said SON].When I look at the lives of my friends, people who have wrestled with the whole concept of christianity for years - I'm beginning to see a change in their attitude towards it. The river is beginning to flow, and as it's waters trickle across this land, hearts so dried will begin to soften and crack.

There is a harvest, and the labourers_are_ few. While I will do missions in Africa one day, I'm beginning to believe that my true calling is right here in Australia. While I may go to other places, while I may be blessed by other cultures and breakthrough. Australia will always be home base, Australia will always sit at the top of my ladder.

I had a great chat with my mum probably 2 nights ago, about aspirations, about purpose. I have probably stated this before, but i do have a passion for children. One of the most beautiful visions I have ever had the pleasure of witnessing, was the sight of 6 children worshipping their God with complete abandonment, It was amazing!
There are possibilites in the very near future for me to step into Childrens ministry opportunities. I feel a gentle tug in that direction. At this point I cannot be entirely sure, but entertaining the concept is fantastic. Only time and prayer will truely tell.

So for now I allow myself open to the possibilites, I allow God the freedom to direct my path as he wills it. He knows my desires, he knows my hopes, he knows my aspirations and dreams. I want to be the Jar of clay. shape me as you see fit big dude.

No comments: