Tuesday, May 30, 2006

differences.

So the application has been completed online, and the details have been posted to the department of Education and Training.

The date is starting to get close now, 27th of June is the interview and I begin my internship on the 17th of July. I know I've posted about all of this previously, but you'll have to forgive me, it's kinda really on my mind at the moment.

*listening to "Into the West" By Annie Lennox- and falling in love with it a little more.

Thinking that I'm going to have to go over and see Laura soon. She rang earlier today about catching up for coffee, I was in the middle of preperations for DET information which needs to be posted no later than today, so I was a little frantic and stressed, may have been a little short with her. Which unfortunately is how I'm forced to be with her when my patience will not allow - Laura has lived most of her life as an only child, I love her immensley, however sometimes the basic, more-than-one-child-lessons learnt by anyone with siblings have remained unlearnt by Lozza and so at times she can come across as pushy and needing things her own way. I am generally patient, however today I really didn't have the time to teach her the lesson necessary and the conversation felt tedious all the same;

Lozza: Hey Jess, wanted to do coffee today, you up for it?

Jez: Sorry Loz, I'm frantic at the moment trying to post off this stuff to the D.E.T.

Lozza: So your not coming then?

Jez: Raincheck? I can't really afford it till wednesday, and this stuff has to be done today, or else I'll be up that creek we all know and love, without my paddle.

Lozza: So I have to go for coffee on my own then...well I won't look half ridiculous on my own will I!

Jez: Well if you want coffee badly enough you won't mind doing it on your own. I'm sorry Loz but I can't do it today - my timetable isn't always going to fit yours - Today it obviously isn't...tomorrow maybe

Lozza: Well I was looking forward to seeing you - I would have hoped you'd have the same enthusiasm.

Jez: I'm struggling to be enthusiastic about anything right now, all I know is this HAS to be done now...we will do coffee soon, and I'll look forward to seeing you, it just can't be today - at least try to understand where I'm coming from, lozza, I'm too stressed to have to deal with anything else right now...I need you to understand that, please.

Lozza: Oh I understand fine...no coffee today.

Jez: but soon, tomorrow's clear for me...

Lozza: well you'll just have to hope my timetable lines up with yours then...

Jez: Yeah I will, and if it doesn't there will be other opportunities...life goes on Lozza, it's not like we'll never see each other again.

Lozza: *huff*

Jez: but alas, I have to go, I need my other hand back to shuffle these papers. I'll see you tonight anywhoo, I'll pick you up at 7 for small group.

Lozza: Yeah righto...

*Hangs up*

Slightly started by the abrubt hanging of the phone without a farewell. Momentarily considered 'forgetting' her for small group...which was quickly followed by the thought to be gracious.
It's interesting being confronted with people who have lived very different lives from your own. I'm meeting more and more of them of late, and they do test me, they test my character and make me realise how much further I have to go in order to truely love with a holy love.
But I'm trying, so thats got to count for something, surely.

I will chat to Laura soon, and I'll practise patience.

No comments: