Thursday, August 10, 2006

Car Pool with Jesus.

Hmmm...It's funny the way God shows up isn't it.

I finished my day at Prac and Jesus sat waiting for me in the car.

I had an absolute shocker of the day, so drained and strained by everything that went on, we had a student attempt to stab my prac teacher with a pen, before being pulled out of the classroom for the rest of the day. The class going nuts and totally disrespecting a substitue music teacher. I was absolutely mortified by their behaviour, but more than anything; embarassed, because I know they're capable of so much more.
So they copped an ear-full when we went back to the classroom, I ripped into them big time!
we then had maths and they sat and they worked better than they ever have before, they were almost too scared to speak!

so by the time 4pm rolled around and I could head home, I was completely knackered, I wandered ever so slowly to the car, opened the door and plonked myself in the seat. As I started the car and began rolling out of the carpark, without even realising it, I had tears streaming down my cheeks, but the peculiar thing was they were not due to what I would initially think.
I wouldn't have been surprised if the weight of the days events had left me feeling defeated and exhausted, but these tears were for something else.
As I entered the car this afternoon, I had this overwhelming sense of peace and love.
God knew my day, and as I prepared to enter that car, Christ sat there and waited for me. He knew I needed him.
So I spent the car ride home chatting to him and grinning like a lunatic.

I am exhausted, but I'm joyful. Everyday God just shows me again and again, that he has designed me to teach - and I will spend my days attempting to better the gifts he has given me - so long as he keeps on sending the strength I need to do it!

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.Exodus 15:1-3

No comments: