Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hitched in Zion!













I found this today...
I did some research, with the goal to find out more about the History behind the Green Cathedral. Yep, thats the place where Tim and I are set to tie the knot.
I've always had a soft spot for the outdoor church, but having searched a little deeper, I'm even more in love with it now than I ever was before.

The 'Green Cathedral' and 'Green Cathedral Ministries' are part of Community of Christ. The name Tiona [where the church is located] is a Tahitian word that is equivalent to the biblical 'Zion', an ideal place where the people of God were of one heart and one mind and dwelt in righteousness.

[wow! loving that hey!!]

The first church spiritual retreat was held in Tiona in 1923.

The Green Cathedral was birthed from a vision of a place for people to worship and was dedicated 'For private devotion and public worship' in 1940.

This beautiful open-air santuary is used for worship and sacrament services such as; marriage; blessing of children; baptism and funeral services.

Green Cathedral Ministries hold worship services each sunday at 10:ooam. All are invited and welcome to share, with communion services held the first sunday of the month.

At the entrance there is a dedication sign which reads;

"The groves were God's first temples
Father, your hands have raised these giant palms
You did weave the palm frond roof above, you are here,
Lord you fill the solitude.
In this place nature enjoys your presence.
You Lord have not left yourself without witness,
Grandeur and tranquility mix here to speak of you.
Here is continual worship,
We breathe our thanks."

I can't think of a place I would want to get married in more. How rad is that!! I'm getting married in Zion.

:D

p.s. sorry if I'm boring/annoying anyone with my constant wedding warblings, it's just such an exciting thing..
p.p.s. I bought my wedding shoes today and they're high...comfortable, gorgeous and high :P

No comments: