Thursday, April 26, 2007

My God of Kindness...

So I wandered back online after my couple of days too-busy-to-get-on with the intention of sharing some exciting news in my life, only to discover that i have been trumped big time by Bec with news of her engagement. Reading about it was enough to bring tears to my eyes. Two people so desperately in love is enough to leave anyone around them feeling smitten, it's beautiful and I want to wish every happiness and blessing to them both. Congrats Bec and Geoff!

So back to my exciting news, which somewhat pales in comparison [thanks alot Bec! :P ]
Today I worked, yes I said it...worked, my very first day at "Western Autism School" in Niddrie, just one suburb over from Aunty Jans place, where I'm staying - so we're looking at approx 10 minute drive to get there, not bad, not bad at all.

It's not a permanent position, at the moment I'm just doing CRT teaching, which for all you New South Whelshmen/women translates to Casual Relief Teaching.
But Just working this one day has boosted my self esteem through the roof. I was at the point where I was utterly itching to be working and now, finally I find myself in the position that I actually am.
The only pitfall of being a casual is that I can't gurantee how much work i will get, I only find out the morning I'm set to begin, with a 7am wakeup call. If I don't hear anything by 8am then I know I can sleep in that day.
But the positives are great. No lesson planning, no staff meetings, I leave when the kids do and all the staff at the school are fantastic and friendly, it's great!

So this won't be a long rambling post, just a quick one to fill you in, and to say a huge thankyou to you for your prayers and your encouragement. Ideally I'm still looking for something more permanent, but for now I'm just so glad to be doing something, and making some money, it's Fantastic. God's looking after me thats for sure.
I pray that he's looking after you too.
Lets share prayers :)

No comments: