Saturday, April 07, 2007

Obsessive

It seems that a few memes have been passed around the wonderful world of the internet, and thus far I have successfully managed to evade them. Tonight however I noticed that I had been tagged by a certain friend [You know who you are *insert death stare* :P ] and I feel in the right sort of mood to oblige, so here goes...

Obsessions

1) When I was 12 I went to the proper dentist [up until 12 we used to go to the free kids dentist] and discovered that I had 3 deep and long exsisting [he said they were started years ago] cavaties (sp?) I got all three fillings without 'the needle' and since then I have to brush my teeth for at least 4 minutes everytime I brush[usually twice a day]. I realise that it's a healthy obsession as I should be brushing well...but it has to be 4 minutes which means I find myself unable to do the quick brush and dash if I'm in a rush.

2) I worry about having hangers or crud on my face. I'll often ask friends or family "Have I got a hanger" then twist my head about so they can have a good gander. I've seen so many people who have stuff on their face, or a hanger waving from their nostril with each breath and no ones told them. I hate the feeling of 'feeling' something but not being able to get it off, usually only to ask someone and they tell me they can't see anything.

3) Slurpies...enough said

4) If I ever find myself bored or lacking brain power I find that I tend to count. Often without realising. For example, the other day I decided as exercise, I would grab a skipping rope and do that for 15-20 minutes. Before too long I was counting every skip i did. I'll count the number of people in a room, how many have blonde/brown/red/black/no hair, how many are male/female, how many look as bored as I feel. I'll lock in on something, someone is doing and count how many times they repeat that particular gesture/movement. When walking on a footpath I'll count how many normal steps I can fit within each square of concrete before stepping into the next. when driving, I'll use signs or barriers or other vehicles and count how many seconds between me seeing them, and passing them....I'm sure i do more when I'm bored that I haven't even really noticed yet. ;)

Can't really think of anything else right this second - I'm sure there's more things...theres got to be, if I think of them I may add them.

And now, I tag Belle, Fless and Burkie

1 comment:

Amy said...

Freak!!!!
Well actually I have a confession...I hate dentists, but I too count EVERYTHING!!!!!!!:-P