Monday, April 30, 2007

Confetti!


I had the pleasure of watching 'Confetti' on the weekend.
Filmed as a mockumentary with the storyline revolving around a wedding magazine who embark on a competition for engaged couples to plan and undertake the most unique wedding. 3 couples are chosen; Matt (Martin Freeman) and Sam (Jessica Stevenson) want a Hollywood musical style, Josef (Stephen Mangan) and Isabelle (Meredith MacNeill) vie for a tennis theme, while Michael (Robert Webb) and Joanna (Olivia Colman) are "naturalists" and want their nuptials to be done in the nude. Trying to wrangle these three desparate couples into some kind of order are wedding planners Archie Heron (Vincent Franklin) and Gregory Hough (Jason Watkins) ...

Timmy and I watched it as a laugh, and were able to say without a doubt, that we are incredibly happy with the way our wedding shall be, the movie did not inspire us to reach for anything more unique :P

But I highly recommend it, There is so much chaos leading up to the big day, but at the end of it, I actually thought that all the weddings were incredibly entertaining, bliss to watch, with some of them even verging on beautiful.

...

My next wedded installment is to get my hands on the DVD series of 'Bridezillas' - I was motivated by Timmy's comment that i really haven't been stressed about the wedding at all, and he believes that most women probably handle themselves the same. He was telling me that if women are in love then they should be happy right and they'd just be happy to be marrying the man they love, that he's yet to meet a psycho bride to be and in fact, that he was beginning to believe they don't exsist. I had to hug him so hard coz he was just so adorably cute... in a naive sort of way...
So the plan is to use the "Bridezillas" to not only entertain myself, but prove to my dearly beloved that psychotic-wedding-day-perfection-hunters do exsist and that he's so incredibly blessed that I'm not one of them :P thus encouraging him to ravish me with attention and gifts because he's just so glad to have me...obviously my reasons are highly honourable and I'm doing it for his own good, to elleviate any naivity he may have and there is absolutely nothing in it for me, other than some DVD entertainment because...well I'm such a wonderful person and really can't help it...but of course :P

Oh I'm so full of it, I know!The DVD should be a hoot none the less, if only because I can't believe anyone can be so angry about a wedding!

No comments: