Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Timmi comes to town.

I can get really slack when it comes to my blog postings sometimes...


I can also get really slack about catching up with people, now that I'm here in Melbourne. I was thinking about it the other day, and I really haven't seen anyone yet. So mush of my time since I've been here, has been wrapped up in the job hunt during the week and then heading into the city to catch up with Tim on the weekends. I shall have to pull my finger out and get in contact with some Melbournians and do the catch-up thing.


Last weekend was ever so exciting however, a touch of the 'good ole days' came to stay for the weekend.

Timmi, made the treck, first driving from Armidale to Newcastle, then catching a flight from Newie to Melbs.


It was so great to have him here for the weekend.


On friday night, the original plan was to head over to the Corner Hotel for the Blindside gig. My timmy having told us that he knew just where to go, only to get lost and potter about all over the show. By the time we actually managed to find the place, all of us had pretty much lost our enthusiasm and decided to grab a slab of beer and head back to Tims place in Kew. These Melbournians don't know half of the good beers going, with the guys in the bottle shop looking utterly perplexed when we asked them about carlton draught...the carlton brewerly is just down the street!! So we settled for carlton black.

Timmi and I were sitting around in the loungeroom while My Tim got changed and started reading the description on the back of the blacks label, only to realise that it mentions that it's a mocha tasting beer...and whatta ya know, when we took a sip after that, for the first time ever we both actually noticed it!

You live, you learn.


After a while Leah [Tims new flatmate] came wandering out and told us that rather than staying in, we should head out to one of the pubs in Hawthorn, she pointed us in the direction of 'The Hawthorn' and off we trotted.


3 people don't fit across a footpath very well, as we learnt during the short walk to the pub. The boys were fine, but it was me who copped mouthfulls of leaves as the shrubs which lined the left hand side of the path would smack me in the face. But 15 minutes and 16 mouthfulls of leaves later, we arrived and wandered in.


Our initial thoughts, "They must not check ID because everyone looks 12" Obviously this was the trndy spot for 18 year olds set to test out those ID's. But we settled ourselves in and headed out to the beer garden, and after about 20 minutes they closed it and ushered us all inside.


The night was spent in ammusing conversation as the three of us caught up on life and made fun of one another, And taking it in turns to buy rounds. Our lame joke of the evening came in the form of continuing to order schooners of beer, even though the state of victoria doesn't seem to know what a schooner is...what an odd state this is! the perplexed expression from whoever was serving at the bar, continued to ammuse us all night.


Pretty soon Kareoke started and to the boys horror, a bloke wandered up to sing "MMM Bop" by Hanson. To add even more horror to their evening I admitted to once being convinced that I was to marry Taylor Hanson. I used to wear the Hanson ring and everything...they wandered away and refused to come near me, for heck knows how long. So I embraced the opportunity to sing loudly along to the brain-sticking lyrics of MMM Bop.


At about 1-2 am the Hawthorn closed and we all wandered home.

The rest of the weekend was laid back and fun. Timmi was out most of the day, as he was in town mainly for a RPM training course at Fitness First.


But I had the pleasure of a Deep and meaningful with the lad on Sunday night, and enjoyed it thoroughly. He's a great guy, incredibly complex with so many elements which made him difficult, at times to read. Made me appreciate knowing my Timmy so well. I love what I know, I love who he is.


Drove Timmi to the Airport on Monday and it was pretty sad to have to say goodbye. I think he's that close to packing up and moving to Melbourne. It's pretty obvious that the two Tims really miss having each other around.


But all in all it was a great weekend...


Next weekend...Well I'm thinking that I'll be taking my boy over to St Kilda, he still hasn't been, so a lazy afternoon, strolling around sounds like a good day to me.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Clearly Taylor was the superior of the Hansons.

"Plant a seed, plant a flower, plant a rose , plant anyone of those...lalala

MMM Bop"

I even had the Hanson club ring girly so although sad, you havn't quite reached my level of patheticness in relation to Hanson.

Luv ya from Haylz.