Tuesday, March 07, 2006

HA!

Another day down for the week. Geez that makes it sound as though lifes been tough. It hasn't, I'm just knackered at the end of this fine tuesday.

Started a new course, EDCX390, action research within the classroom - about as hideous as it sounds, however considering It will be impossible to receive my degree without having participated in some sort of research while on prac, I am forced to fake half interest :P.
I got completely lost and had no idea where my class was, so I sat in the entry hall and waited till a familiar face made an appearance. In waltzed Chloe, she didn't have a clue either, so we both laughed our way down the halls till we stumbled upon the room - and early too, Hoorah for fools!

survived the two hours of the smallest print on an overhead possible, and bolted the second he said we could have a 10 minute early mark.

Just arrived in the door and Scott started whinging to me that he'd been left in the flat all alone all day and wanted to hang out. Right on the money, my phone rings and I ooze a "see ya!" as I bolt up the hall to answer it. It was Riss, as she's telling me about her fall off the last step and twisting her ankle, Scott comes to stand in the doorway with the mopiest face I've ever seen, so I let him sit on my bed while I finished my chat with Riss.

Had a flat meeting, was only 3/8 of us there...highly amusing, so we decided to make all the important decisions in our favour. Everyone'll be there next time :P.

Headed straight off from the flat meeting to bible study over at Nicks. Hugely excited, Riss came up and asked if she could join the mob of us. Riss has always been anti-church since some bad experiences as a kid. I'd been putting invitations out there for years, glad she accepted one :D
The topic ended up being highly highly appropriate for Riss.
Poor Nick!! He was the only male in the place. With the rest of us, 8 girls. I saw him wearing that look and threw in a "You can feel the testosterone being sucked right out of you Nick!" to which he responded "Where are all the blokes!...I bet you girls want to know that too!"

Nick headed straight off to work after we finished and the rest of us gals headed over to Macca's, as Rhen pulled up beside me, she signaled for me to wind down the window "Check it out Jess, Check out the song..." not bad not bad at all. "Oh yeah I responded, I reckon we in this car have got the better stuff" as I turned my stereo up...the look on rhens face was priceless as she squealed "If your any sort of friend Jess, you are so lending me that CD"

For the next hour we hung around in Macs chatting. I had rhen opposite me, and we had each other in stitches the whole time, it was fantastic!
We ammused ourselves highly when we waited till everyone had just arrived back to the table with their food and sat to begin, rhen rose to her feet and said with a completely straight face "Sorry guys, I just got a really important phone call and have to go, either you come with me now, or Jess is going to take two car loads to get you all home" Fless, Shavon and Tess started stuffing the food into themselves, and frantically grabbing all their stuff - till rhen and I couldn't contain our laughter any longer. The sight of Tess with ice cream all over her face, the paniced expression on Fless, Shavon spilling the entire contents of her bag across the floor in her rush, till Tess sneezed while hurridly eating her icecream and shot it out her nose all over the table. Rhen and I were grabbing our stomachs with one hand, each other with the other as we laughed till we cried, and added, "sit down guys, settle, settle, we've still got some time yet" After the anger subsided everyone was laughing about it.

And it finally happened. As we stood to leave and begin sorting who would be going in what car, without even thinking I asked "Alright, who's riding in the Stallion?" and so it is a name is born. Though I think 'the Stallion' shall be her fighting name, otherwise she shall be affectionately known as 'Wackner'.

Laura was insisting she would walk, I insisted I drove her. So I dropped her infront of her house, right as a couple of guys walked past - obviously fascinated by the sight of a car full of girls. So I honked them waved, after recovering from the startle they half jogged down the street glancing back with CHeeky grins, I half expected what was coming. Sat and made sure Laura got inside alright, then pulled out from the kerb and right on time the guys dropped their pants and gave us a full view of their reflective moons.
Riss missed the whole thing as she chased a fallen pen under her seat. Yet sat up suddenly as I laughed hysterically, in which time the guys had pulled their pants back up and stood on the corner waving goofily as we passed. what is it with College boys, their butts seem to require a lot more fresh air than most of the rest of us.

As we made our way back to the flats, I had a chat to Riss about the bible study. She said she wasn't sure whether she'd come next week, but she'd think about it. She raised that she wasn't altogether comfortable with the out-loud prayer. I was able to go into how it was something which took time for me to develop too, but that the pressure eased once I allowed myself to be more real with God, and not feel as though I needed to be eloquent or poetic when I pray, just chat to God like I would a close friend. She smiled at that and I'm hoping she'll make another appearance. Seeds are being planted and I only pray that God will nurture those in time.

So again, the end of another busy busy day! All fun.
If you had told me during first year that I would grow to love Armidale I probably would have slapped you hard. But now believe it or not, it's going to be hard to leave here at the end of the year. Of course if I do leave ;).
only time will tell where I shall be next year.

No comments: