Saturday, March 04, 2006

hmm...[<--thats doesn't make me a teeny bopper]

Arrived back from riss' flat at something close to 12am, walked in the door of my flat 23, to see Sam and Pete sitting around the table, deciding the night was still young I joint them. Pete use to live in the flat downstairs from me last year, we met twice and saw each other often, without ever really conversing properly. Seeing as 2 out of 3 of us were arts/politics students, it didn't take long for the conversation to shift to that topic. James arrived on the scene and joint the convo.
I was grateful when Scott arrived, bringing a fresh topic and munchies [Aussie BBQ sausages, repulsive, yet strangely addictive....we decided it was all in the after-taste]. For the next 3 hours we sat about the place discussing all sorts of weird and whacky things. I was struck by the intelligence of Pete, and the way that as quickly as he talked about the most mundane and idiotic things, he would shift into a topic of depth and substance. He is a rare breed among College boys.

But the night gave me the opportunity to further develop a theory, or shall I say Strategy of mine. I'm not sure whether you have ever noticed, that girls are rather stupid. Pete informed me that girls are stupid for different reasons to guys, but that it was inportant to note that we all bring our own level of stupidity to everything.
I don't know whether you've ever noticed this, but I know I'm sick to death of the backstabbing, the bitchiness and the horrible attitude many females have to one another. So I've decide that now is the time for us to unite. Perhaps you'll say that you haven't noticed, and it may very well be true. But what I'm talking about right now is among non christian gals within my life. Not all of them_are_ horrible or malicious...often the contrary. My goal however is to attempt to create a greater sense of unity amongst the non-christian females I come into contact with.

The very first test I was able to establish, came this same night as we sat around the table. I was picking up the vibe that Sam was interested in scott. Scott was ragging sam playfully, and Sams response was sadly what happens all too often. She turned and began to rag on me. It is a sort of bully strategy, to take someone else down in order to make yourself appear better/bigger. Though I know where it was birthed from, it flowed from her fear of competition over this male.
However, because I had all these thoughts churning through my head at the time, rather than feeling resentful, I was able to stay suprisingly calm and collected about it.
I could see that Sam was feeling very small, her ego was wounded, thus the attack on another female. I made the decision upon the direction I would take, and yes I had choices.
a) Return the pay outs to Sam, or
b) Join forces and gang up on scotty.

They would be the obvious choices, I however decided to create a 'C' and instead, attempt to rebuild Sams broken ego. I turned looked at Sam and chucked a compliment her way. Judging by the pause in conversation, it threw her, completely, threw the boys too.

Then today as Sam and I were chatting with Scott, it was interesting to see her in that same situation. There was almost this unspoken alliance between us.
interesting...
though I'm not expecting this to be it. I have an inckling it's something she's done for quite some time, so I expect it to rear up here and there from time to time. However I'm determined to continue to play out my strategy, with all the females in my life. It shall be interesting to see the results as they come.

So tonight I ate Pizza with Riss, before we both trecked back to my flat and chatted with Scott. Riss headed home, and I suddenly had the urge to give Kate a ring. Turns out she was driving,had to pull over, but just driving to clear her head. So I jumped in my car and we sat and chatted together for something close to an hour. It's always fantastic to hear her voice, and it was nice to talk through some things going on in both our lives.
Perhaps the most beautiful thing about our relationship is that we may not talk as often as we'd like, but no matter what, that relation to one another is always going to be there, no matter where we go, what we do, She will always be my sister, and I will always love her.
So we've made a date for friday nights, I'll give her a ring once a week and we'll have a good chat :D fantastic!

So I think I'll head back to the flat when I finish this, and hope that perhaps theres another dining table discussion going on. Who knows I may be lucky enough :)

No comments: