Thursday, November 09, 2006

input is good...

Again I apologise to all the people who have to read this and really don't care.

I was brainstorming some bridesmaids Ideas with the influence of my mum to get some of this done.
Basically I don't want anything to fancy or over the top. The whole mood of the event is suppose to be relaxed.
When I caught a glimpse of this dress I thought it was beautiful and really what I was thinking when it came to the bridesmaids.
Simple, cocktail dress.



















The colours however would be different. The thoughts Tim and I have had is that the groomsmen would be in Black suits, black shirts and royal blue ties. So the concept emerged of having the maids in black cocktail dresses with royal blue sash, complete in a bow at the back.
bringing some Uniformity to the bridal party. Then I would be in my white, Tim in the black shirt, black shirt and White tie.

The thought was to buy the black dresses for the girls and then simply purchase some thick satin ribbon from Spotlight and do the tie ourselves.
Had a quick squiz around and there are black cocktail dresses everywhere!!

Of course we're keeping the Peacock feather theme, with this Blue coming from the very very centre of the feathers.



















So the overall look should be something like;

Bridesmaids

















Groomsmen




















Next time I'll try and keep my posts more interesting.

2 comments:

Bella said...

Oh wow!! Love the idea! A LBD is every girls friend ;-)

Will we have peacock feathers in the bouquet or something? Oh wow Jess, your mum has really got your butt into gear with this hasn't she. haha.

See you soon girly, and give Timmy a hug for me too =)
Love you, Bella xx

Anonymous said...

Jess. these blog posts are interesting :P Tell the boys to go away for a while.

cocktail dresses are a great idea (much more cost effective)!