Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Race Day

Last Tuesday, as I'm sure we all know, was Melbourne Cup - the race that stops a nation.

I was woken at 12pm by a message from Timmi reading; "So...it's race day, we getting spruced up and going somewhere?"

I quickly chat to my Timmy, followed by a message sent back to Timmi and within an hour we're all decked up and headed down to the Wicklow for Melbourne Cup fever.

The group of us ended up being Timmy, Myself, laura, Timmi, Steve and Annabell.

Can I just say that it was so nice to see the boys in suits. I don't think a guy ever looks as good as when he's scrubbed up and in a suit. My three boys were no exception. Plus add to that the treatment, it was as though the old time suits brought out old-time treatment of the ladies...to which my feminist mind was not at all complaining about. Everywhere we went the boys escourted us around by linking our arm through theirs, they opened doors, pulled out chairs - it's was fabulous!!

As for the race itself...none of us were winners.
I had gone for Number 3: Railings...Timmi had joined me,
My timmy had gone Ice Chariot- which laura whole heartedly agreed with, announcing to us all that it was going to win for sure...No doubt about it.
Annabell and Steve had gone for number 16...whatever that horse was [no idea, they had chosen it for the number and either way...it didn't place ;) ]







The Railings Pickers...Timmi & I*

















The 'Ice Chariot' Barackers...Timmy and laura

















The Number 16 backers, Annabel and Steve








For the record, after all of laura's ravings about ice chariot, it came 22nd, out of 23 horses...it was hilarious!

But what a great day was had...Oh and I even have photo's [Yes, Yes, I am good to you ;) ]

*apologies for my pic...the only one for the day was when Timmy was trying to annoy me :P so it'll do

1 comment:

Felicity said...

Here here. How lovely it is to be treated like a lady.