Thursday, May 03, 2007

I see the light!

The Wedding preps are beginning to fade into oblivion.
The wedding is all but completely planned.
All that is left to do is,

send out the invitation

Buy some respectable undergarments

and...

well I was sure there was another 'and'...there probably is, but I've momentarily forgotten. If there is one thing that I have learnt, it is that there is always something else which pops up along the way. Tim and I are naturally fairly flexible people, so the little hiccups have remained that, take a breath and we move on.

Got a phone call from mum today and we went through everything, in the hope that we can pin-point anything which is still sitting on the 'to do' list. The list is all but non-existant.

Date: 6th of October, 2007

Ceremony at: The Green Cathedral, With my Pastor Daryll to make it all official and The Musical genius Rob doing the muso stuff [I have no doubt that he's going to bring something truely beautiful to the day! apart from Amy I'm sure he'll bring some beautiful music too ;) ]

Reception to follow @: The Wharf Bar and Grill.

Basic theme: Arty Vintage

Nervous Breakdowns: 0...woohoo [I have the best support and organisation commitee, aka my gorgeous mum and sister katie, as well as the manager of The wharf Bar and Grill - Mary Anne - She's fantastic, they have utterly eliminated anything stressful!]

I popped online while I was home and was able to purchase an extra 100 peacock feathers, as well as 5 white peacock feathers [who knew there was such a thing as an albino peacock?! I do now!] The white ones will be going in my bouquet and Tims button hole. The bridesmaids will be wearing the normal peacock feathers in their hair as part of the hair pieces I have created, the groomsmen will be wearing normal peacock feathers in their buttonholes as well.

I decided to go with white peacock feathers for me, after Katie pointed out, "Seriously Jess, when else in your life can you ever wear ALL white and not look the fool?!!" the girl makes a great point, so the plan is that I'll be wearing white head-to-toe, bar any part of me [of course ;)]

In total, last count Mum and Dads place is being overrun by; over 500 peacock feathers; [ we managed to pick up 400 of them free, from the lady who looks after our dogs, what a blessing!!] 10 large 1/2 metre high glass vases, 4 sets of bridesmaids dresses, shoes, hairpieces and jewellry; a wedding gown[not to mention all the bits and pieces which go with it]; 20 metres of black lace table runners; 25 metres of heshin[sp?] to be used as a aisle runner at the ceremony[we were offered a $50 red aisle runner for the wedding, but opted for something, not only cheaper, but less clashing with the natural elements of the Green Cathedral]; 8 boxes of tea candles & shells in glass jars; 10 mirrors; a mass of ribbon, gold wire and yet more tea candles; and one incredibly excited family counting down the days till the wedding.




































It is exciting and I have no doubt that everything is going to come together beautifully. We have a lot of support and love, with a tonne of people offering their help with any preps and organisations.

I honestly feel as though we've been able to make our money work for us, and we've been able to get something that we really adore and are going to cherish for years and years and years to come.

I read, that the average Australian wedding costs $28,000. I've just organised mine for $8,000 total - yep thats EVERYTHING!. Not bad, not bad at all! And we were told SO many times that it wouldn't be possible. I guess when you see the photos after the day you will be the judge of whether or not we spent our money wisely.

....

In other news I have had absolutely no reason to even attempt to get Casual work at any other school. Thus far this week, I have worked 4/4 days, with Tomorrow making it 5 for the week. Fantastic. I'm looking at $250 a day for a casual teacher. not bad money at all!

I've been told that I shouldn't expect my work load to drop for a while yet, as we're entering flu season and the school is in constant demand for casual teachers.

All I can say is God truely answers prayers and in all honesty, he has given me so much more than I even asked. I was hoping for 2 maybe 3 days work a week, and he goes and gives me 5. Fan-freaking-tastic!!!

lets chat soon!

1 comment:

forever katie said...

Not Long now!!! yeeeaahaaaa!
love you jessie
xox