Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Relational Drama's

As i promised here I am again...In order for the sunday night convo to make sense, I feel it appropriate to provide some background information.

About a month ago, Fless, Tess and I met for Coffee in a little Armidale Cafe`, we arrived at about 4pm and left no sooner than 9pm that evening. We talked, the 3 of us really really chatted about just about anything and everything. The big topic of the time was in fact Nick - yes the same Nick which I have spoken of in past posts. It seems that I was not alone in my initial fascinations of the man. Tess and Fless shared their own affections towards him, which if anything, was interesting.

I'm not a fan of competition, and if anything the revelations made me feel as though I was in primary school, so I sort of vowed that I would 'get over it' and forget about the whole Nick thing, I've been a kid once I don't want to be that again.

I've picked up that Tess isn't altogether sure of herself, of late I've sensed an almost clingy mentality which I find slightly suffocating. As Felicity and I chatted over Coffee at Cafe` we both expressed our fear that we were perhaps become too Cliquey - something which we both see incredibly eye-to-eye on, to put it simply, we don't want to be that! So we decided to spread out on sunday night and chat and sit with other people and do some timely mingling, which was some of the best fun I've had in a long time, Fless agreed, however Tess didn't think so, she actually got a little cranky because we did it, I fear that she may have thought that we were seperating in order to get away from her, Fless and I tried to explain that we weren't doing anything of the sort, rather we were preventing anyone else from thinking that we were trying to 'get away from' them.

The church body is so important, and I want to know each member, and the only way to do that is to make the time to. Sure there are going to be people who you know or get along with better than others, but that doesn't mean that it should by any means become something exclusive.

So anyway,as I stated in other posts Im dealing with the whole Nick thing, and I think I'm doing remarkably well (If I do say so myself) Basically the standing I've come to is that while I'm not persuing a dating relationship with the guy, I am keen to build a friendship - thus is the reason for some drama on sunday night.

As I sat in Fless's college room I was able to really chat about everything which was going on, it was great to be able to have a good vent about it.

When it came down to it, the only real drama was that Tess is pretty much convinced that she is in love with Nick, meaning that any attempt I, or fless make to be friends with the bloke is read, in Tess's eyes, as us 'having a crack' - incredibly frustrating and in my opinion... immature.
Fless is such a support, she said to me "Jess, you know your heart, you know your intentions, and I believe you when you say that your only seeking friendship with Nick. Believe me when I say that you should not have to worry about how Tess is viewing your conversations with this guy, or your interactions with him. If she goes into a jealous rage about it, well thats her problem...granted we're called to not bring one another to anger, but your by no means doing anything which is out of line, cruel or malicious. Just keep being you Jess, who knows, you may very well end up with Nick and if that were to happen I'd like to think that each of su would be able to deal with that maturely with our friendshisps still in tact - I mean who knows, maybe Tess and Nick will end up married in a couple of years - what I'm saying is we don't know where any of this will end up, but at the end of the day the only thing that is important is that you stay true to who you are,stay true to your God and Tess is going to have to deal with her emotions and her intentions, you can't do that for her, just keep being a friend...keep doing what your good at"

Truth be told Fless explained that the same sort of thing had been happening to her, apparantly Tess was under the impression that Fless was deliberately trying to embarrass her in front of Nick. I was glad that I had been there the whole night as I was able to put Fless at ease, that in my opinion she had done nothing which could be viewed as relational sabotage.

After a good chat, we decided to pray that God would intervene and prevent this from turning into something it really shouldn't be. I was getting images of broken friendships because everyone wanted Nick. It's ridiculous!

Fless and I decided that God isn't a cruel little man sitting in the clouds with a big club just waiting for the chance to mess us up. We prayed for Tess, we prayed for each of us, for a clearing of the emotions that we wouldn't ruled by them, but rather that God would aid us in applying wisdom to each and every situation.

Let me just say that I felt a lot of peace over the situation.
I sort of regretted ever telling the girls about my past feelings for Nick, because I wondered if I hadn't would it have come to this?
Ah well, I'mm glad that we're nipping it in the butt early.
Everythings going to be cool, as Fless said, Tess is still a fairly young Christian she's still learning alot, and we ourselves still have so much to learn...pray that God would use this to grow us, and teach us whatever it is we're meant to learn.

Praise God ! he is faithful, he is pretty darn great!

Yeah!! lets get some happy claps going... :p

No comments: