Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Sunday happenings...

It seems that I've discovered an incredible buddy in Felicity.

Sunday night I headed over to Fless's (<---I'll explain felicity's nick-name later) college room to chat about the evenings happenings, twas an interesting evening.

Sunday morning, I became the mother and got Wae-Jae's butt out of bed, in the car and warming a pew at Church. When Wae-jae first moved into the flat we couldn't believe that we both went to the same church yet had never met before, now I can believe it, as the likely-hood of actually running into the fella at church was slim, left to his own devices he probably only heads along once every couple of months. Great Preach by pastor davo! - really good stuff.
Wae-Jae left immediately after the sermon, claimed he was in the mood for a walk, I knew him better - he was going back to bed.

So I hung around, doing what I do every sunday afternoon, chatting my way around the Church Cafe`. Now I must say that I've been pleasantly suprised by Laura, I met this shy little petal last sunday night at Church - I'm normally quite introverted when I first meet people, however of late I've noticed my willingness to really force myself to be more out-going, more myself in order to make others feel welcomed. So thats what I did with Laura. She expressed a desire to come along to the UNE bible studies on Tuesday nights, so I offered her my mobile number and gave her the directions to my flat so that we could meet there, then head over to the study together - thought it would be more comfortable walking in with someone you vaguely know, rather than entering a room full of strangers.

So after all that babbling I'll get back on track - I had to head along to the "Electrolight Team meeting" but I organised to meet Laura for Lunch straight after.

The team meeting was fun - didn't realize there was free Pizza involved, nice surprise. We embraced the opportunity for happy-clap moments, in-fact every time a member of the team entered of left the room a cheer went up, good laugh. We got more direction which was great, sorted through some stuff, basically just people establishing what area of the event they want to be focused on. Kez was talking about me being the leader of the Creative design team "Your the Arty one Jess, you'll be great, we'll be your faithful little lemmings, just show us the way" - little iffy, but it was definitely exciting, we'll see though.

Met Laura at the Court House - was in a great mood because I was able to get an awesome park due to the lack of parking restrictions on sundays (God bless the sabath!) we headed down to Macca's where I was sneezed on by a young kid from Church. I met little Joseph that morning, he's 3 and adorable and as he was chasing my shoes, he let out a rip-snorter of a sneeze which covered my legs...ahhh, children eh! surprisinly my gross metre must be malfunctioning because I just laughed hysterically instead. Laura later held up her straw, thinking it was completely empty and blew, managing to spray me with fushia pink slushy...ahhh, obviously the day for it!.

After a couple of hours at Macca's (the only place open on a sunday arvo) I dropped Laura home, singing along to the vegi-tales tape the whole way.

Headed back to the flat with Asia, had enough time to freshen up a little before heading back to Church for the 6 o'clock service.

I sat on my own, and can I just say I loved it so much - no distractions, just me and my God.

After the service while people headed off to the cafe` down the other end of the church, the band headed back up and were playing some mosh-worthy numbers, so we hung around. Tess and Felicity suddenly appeared beside me and we had a bit of a chat (they'd headed to Tamworth for the day) Tess, Jess and Felicity ---- > thus why Felicity became Fless, (Tess, Jess and Fless ;) )

I wanted to Mosh, Fless indulged me and we headed up with the mob of 'em, Nick was leading, thus why Tess wouldn't mosh, but I'll explain all that later, In fact I'll post again in a minute to explain the whole situation, as it'll take a good deal in order to explain properly. I figured that most things I do I either look like a moron or spaz so why fight it, embrace the unc and have a blast - thus I moshed and Fless and I had a good little laugh-a-puff session ;)

We headed out to Cafe` once the music stopped for the night, where I managed to somewhat embarrass Nick (Yessssss! for meee ) He had a hair hanging from his beard and while he was chatting to me I was just watching that hair swing from side to side, untill I couldn't stand it any longer so I reached out and grabbed it - Nick freaked out thinking that he had Naco's caught up in his beard, needless to say he was relieved that it was just a hair, made me laugh though when he commented "So THATS what you were looking at, I'll admit that you were making me a little nervous when you wouldn't break the stare you had going with my beard". Hung around, had a blast left at about 11pm, Dropped Fless home and while chatting in the car decided to head into the warmth of her room in order to continue the convo...and deal with the issues of the night. So to leave you oh avid reader in a suspence of sorts, I shall post the conversation of the night in my next entry.

No comments: