Wednesday, October 26, 2005

bucket, wave, sing and drink...

And so it happened (I just broke the rule of starting a sentence with 'and') Last night I ran the bible study. I was supposed to run it last Tuesday, but the wonderful Andrew got to chatting about evangalism and the likes of, and when he talks about something I just can't help but sit in awe, I love that brain and so the last thing I was going to do was interrupt and change the direction of the night.
So at the helm of the bible study this week was Mwah! Probably worked in my favour to not have done it last week, as come last night I had my nerves more under control than I had the same time the week before.

Throughout it felt so painful, I didn't feel that I was making the connections I wanted to make, or that I was even expressing things the way I wanted them to be expressed...

But at the end of the night people told me they thought it was great, that I had done an awesome job, leading the discussion. I didn't really agree, but their words were kind, and people really seemed to be able to chat about the topic raised which was encouraging.

I guess when it comes down to it, I felt challenged throughout the whole preparation and application process...I felt stretched. I guess it's just another example of Christs faithfulness, I asked for it and he brought it to being. I'm not sure if I'll run another bible study for a while, at the completion of the last the first thing I thought was, I don't think I'm designed to lead a small group. But then Nick came over and said that I should consider doing another one. So maybe more practise will flex this little muscle a bit.

............................

On the subject of muscles, I've decided that it's time to really get in shape. Of late as I've really begun to shape up spiritually, I've really felt convicted about the condition I've allowed my body to be in. When I really look at it, I don't believe that I'm honouring God by being a lazy-ass. So I've decided that it's time for a Godly boot-camp of sorts. My aim is to create a healthy mind, body and spirit. As Uni comes to a close for another year, I've decided to spend the next 3 months really stepping up to the challenge. I love a good challenge.
Daily stretching of the mind, spirit and body.
Your more than welcome to share this challenge with me. I'll share with you here about my progress. Encouragement is more than welcome...and heck knows there are going to be days when I'll really need it.

So to kick off - "Body-step" tonight...it's hard, but I think I've found an exercise which I really love!!

P.S. Got swooped by a Magpie today as Bec and I were trecking up the hill - add to that the fact that the cops drove past right on cue, laughing hysterically and then as I blindly spun trying to avoid a beak to the back of the head, I walked straight into the chest of some bloke coming down the hill, would have falen on my butt except he grabbed my arm before I could fall too far. All I managed to mumble in the chaos was "I nearly killed you and then you saved me!"
Hmmm...interesting day...Man, I was laughing hysterically, all I can say is that I'm glad the bloke was laughing too.

Have an awesome day guys wear a bucket on your head while waving your arms furiously, singing and remember to drink plenty of water! ;)

No comments: