Saturday, December 31, 2005

New Day Coming...

check it out would you, I'm drinking beer. More to the point, I'm drinking Aussie beer, and it is not all that terrible.
My favourite aunt [Jan] popped open a bottle of wine with dinner and as it turns out it was only Dad, Jan and myself drinking it. We even had the classy bit down pat, using the champers glasses and all. Glorious night on the verandah. By the time the fireworks started I had already been thrust and half consumed at bottle of Tooheys 'PILS' - having too good a time chatting with my 7 year old cousin about how fireworks are created to really notice whether I was actually enjoying it or not. Man, what a truely amazing night. Beginning to feel a little tipsy and I'm fairly convinced that the beverages have kept me warmer outside.
So as I sit here and type this the whole swarm of family is heavily engaged in 'Batman Begins' waiting out for midnight. I figured since the net was already connected, before I disconnect for the final time this year, I'd pop on and say 'Farewell 2000 and 5, you have taught me alot. You have broken my heart and allowed me to heal. You have granted me wonderful friendship and I hope that you will allow me to carry them with me to the new year."

and to you who read this blog, thankyou for your loyalty. I am grateful for your friendship and encouragement. To you whom I have had the opportunity to build friendships with thatnkyou for your honesty and for your valuable communion with me. Some of you I have grown incredibly fond of over the last 6 months and I thankyou that you have allowed me to nurture that affection in your company.
I look forward to the new year. So charge your glasses and raise a beer to "Friendship and life...a brilliant combination"

Cheers!

No comments: