Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Rundown...

Christmas came and went, and we literally just arrived home from Sydney. I was so close to falling asleep in the car, and now having unpacked the car and settled back into my room, I'm once more awake.
Christmas involved Big lunches, great company and good laughs. It's a bit of a family tradition to meet up at my grandparents house for Christmas due to the fact that my extended rellies are spread all around the show. Grafton, Melbourne, Forster, Newcastle, Armidale, Sydney. Usually Christmas is the only time when we really get to hang out for a longish period...and it's fantastic!

This year however, was better than any I can remember for a long time, because I was able to chill with Katie for the last 4 days, which sadly is the the longest amount of time I've had with her in a long time.

I was that close to getting a tatoo with my girls Hayley and Belle last week. Though while in Miranda fair with kate I decided to get a piercing instead. It's fairly tame, not 'out there' at all really, but still It was something. Just one simple silver piercing, on the right ear, up the top.
Not a great piccie, but you can just make it out...

16 buxs all up, so I was cheering. Found out later I could have gotten my nose done at the same place. But I think that for now I'll spare myself. [my mum told me that nose piercings make her think of pigs...] but who knows it may be yet to come. Didn't hurt at the time, but right now it feels quite tender and I'm paranoid that someone [matt in particular] is going to bump into it [probably on purpose] I'll have to sleep on the left side...as it's really quite sore tonight. Ah well, I'll tough it out :p.

Kate and I stepped back into childhood as we shared the double bunk bed at Grandma's, we laughed well into the early hours of the morning, as she bounced my bed around by kicking my butt from underneath, and I repeatedly scared her by silently leaning down from the top bunk, to hang over her face and wait patiently till she opened her eyes...priceless.

But perhaps the most fun was found in my losing out on the pecking order, and having to turn out the light, and attempt to clamber onto the top bunk without a ladder or any form of light...was highly amusing, painful and messy. Particularly when I managed to tip a glass of water all over myself before the class fell and smacked my toe. The next morning I woke to the smell of damp carpet...oops, grandma loves her carpet, had to explain quick smart as she was already beginning to suspect that the cat may need a few more lessons with the litter tray. Oh but heaven! air conditioning in the bedroom, whoever invented that, I could kiss you! The weather was so sticky, very grateful to feel the relief, made sleeping a lot easier.

Dropped Kate back in Newcastle on our way home. Always realise just how much I miss her, once I've spent the time with her. Such a truely amazing woman! She believes the best of me...she makes me want to be the better person. She's my favourite shopping partner, as we both have this knack for being on the same wave-length. We both want to look in the same stores and we both bore of the same stores at the same time "...You done?" "Yup, lets go..."
It's a beautiful thing :p, not having to stand around tediously waiting for the other person to finish so you can finally go.
Got a bit emotional as I waved her off , was grateful that it was night - when I said "...love you" I heard her get a little choked up as she beamed "Love you too, Jessie"
"Please Lord, don't let it be another 6 months till I see this beautiful girl, I adore."

I'm beginning to read "The Problem with Pain" By C.S. Lewis...thoroughly enjoying it.

Tickling my creative muscle by working on Belles photo's, in preperation for her birthday in January.

[Belle post about your Party would ya]
I love a good dress-up bash...and Belles planning one for her 21st...The 80's, it's going to be fantastic. Kate and I were scouring the vinnies shops trying to scoop up some seriously happening [??] 80's frocks...
we're going all out Belle, this theme is an awesome idea!!! :D

I know, this post is painfully boring, but I had people asking me to summarise my weekend, and so here it is for all of you who cared, for the rest of you I apologise.

No comments: