Sunday, February 05, 2006

Beautiful Collision

Didin't make it online last night, I pretty much collapsed into bed around the 10pm mark [ yes I am getting old] and didn't wake again until around 9am this morning.

So the easiest thing would be for me to share with you a journal entry.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..::Lakeside Cafe: Forster, Saturday the 4th of february, 2006.

Today happened, today rolled around once more and here I sit at the end of it, even more humbled that I was as it was birthed.
Today we travelled back to Armidale for the official hand-over of the car. Wae Jae was ecstatic, and I never expected him to be any different. I had the pleasure of riding around town as his passenger in order to show him the ropes.
As we headed past the PLC, I was stoked to spot Felicity and Tess. We gave them a lift to their destination, I couldn't believe how fantastic it was to see them. The mob of us chatting and laughing as we caught up on the last month of life.
After signing all the rego/ownership papers, we grabbed Mum& Dad and headed down to Koorong.
During the trip to Armi Mum had been my passenger, while Dad drove up front in his car. I absolutely adore these moments with my mum - 3 and a half hours is more than enough time to cover about a million different topics of conversation, ranging from the mundane, right through to the hilarious and the deep & passionate. I had shared with mum my inspiration through the meeting of 'Big Dave' at my church. His testimony is truely amazing. He has lived a tough life and to look at he strikes fear to the heart of you; 40-something, tatooed, shaven headed biker. However you do not have to talk to him for long before you realise that he is an undoubtedly beautiful man - seriously hardcore.
As we walked into Koorong, I was impressed when Mum turned to me and asked "Jess, is that 'Big Dave?"
As I turned I heard the low Bellow of "Jessie, My Darlin'" as I was confronted with the glowing, huge grin of Dave.
He got along famously with my Dad and they could nearly have been brothers with their matching bald heads, beards and contageous, hearty laughs.
As I watched my two worlds merging, I was in heaven. Life is Glorious.

Majority of the trip home I was fairly quiet. The scenery on the journey has always been beautiful, but today it truely took my breathe away.
I was completely struck by the fact that I am of this earth in so many ways. I mess up, I find myself doing the things I hate, I catch myself being someone I don't want to be, more often than I would want to admit. Then I look to Christ and see him as he is; the darling, the worth of heaven; and I can feel the burn of my desperation to be holy as he is. yet the harder I'm trying the more I realise how hopeless this earth has become, I feel the weight of our fall.

"When our depravity meets His divinity it is a beautiful collision." - David Crowder

I felt that today, from the time spent with great friends, to joking around with mum as we joined forces to tease dad and finally, mucking around with Matt [bro] in the kitchen - laughing till my stomach was aching. I felt that collision.
Yes I do mess up, yes I am reminded everyday of my inferiority, but with Christ filling me, he makes miracles happen, he pours out his blessings and his love, regardless of my lackings. There truely is nothing like this life and I wouldn't want God anywhere else, than here *taps heart* and here *taps head*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Embrace life, make that choice, because your blunderings and mistakes will never disqualify you from the blessings of Christ. Only one thing will, your failure to trust him - so trust!
Be blessed, radiant brothers and sisters.

No comments: