Thursday, February 16, 2006

gottcha...

Another day in Melbourne. However today was less productive than the last few have been.
Belle woke this morning feeling not so flash, so we decided to cool it and slum about the house for the day. not a whole lot to report on really, bit my lip when I sneezed [annoying!!] thats what I get I suppose for attempting to suppress it :P.
Had a game of pool with myself, I still suck...but I won - so I really can't complain ;)
Feeling one heck of a lot better this evening, no sign of the mopey, melancholy version of myself which has been chasing me about over the last day or two. I think I established where it really came from to begin with.
Belle and I had sat up chatting about singleness, and the whole love-hate struggle we find ourselves in regards to it. The chat itself was fantastic, I love these sorts of conversations with Belle, she's a wise and beautiful woman whom I know I am blessed to spend such moments with.
Ultimately the discussion really opened up some understanding and helped tie us closer to one anothers current standings.
It was afterwards that the issue lay. I pondered over the whole deal for the rest of the evening, and really let it stick me right where it hurt. Almost this taunting at lonliness. And there I sat again, at that place where being single really doesn't make you want to shout it from the rooftops, you'd rather be outta there quick smart.
So I've decided [this is dead set obvious, but call me a slow learner] that letting it simmer really isn't a great idea. and so I'm doing my best.
I'm still not doing the happy dance over it all...but I'm laughing and smiling. It isn't all bad :) just some days are better than others.

No comments: