Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Back in the Armi...

okay, so I'm back in Armidale.
I rushed back sunday in the hope that I could have at least the afternoon to settle in only to discover on monday, that due to the royal screw-up with the timetables classes won't be starting untill Thursday, to say ecstatic would probably be an understatement. So the last few days have been spent catching up with the Armi crew. Went out to dinner sunday night with Tess, Wae-Jae, and Laura. Then after bumping my phone and accidentally ringing Rhen I foiled her plan to surprise everyone on her return to Armidale, so we headed out to lunch as soon as she arrived. Which very quickly expanded to cover most of the afternoon untill finally we decided to grab some supplies and cook up dinner. Headed to coles, bumped into Erin at the check-out, a few rows down, bumped into Laura again, invited them both - busy unfortunately. Upon arriving back at my flat we realised just how much food we'd bought, decided to ring the biggest eater we knew - Wae Jae Tan! :D
So long as there was food, he was there. Had an absolutely fabulous night!!
Upon arriving back in the dale this year, in all honestly I was apprehensive, I was moving into a new flat with completely new people, starting new classes with no one I knew, a heap of my buds had moved away to get married and such [okay, so I'm exaggerating, but at least 3 have moved away to get married.
My fear was that this may have been a lonely year, but having just come back from Spending the afternoon with Charrissa, and just about to head off to Bible study at Nicks place, I think it will be very much to the contrary.
Rather than being a lonely year, It's going to be an expanding year - a time for new friendships and good times. I've already discovered that I get along incredibly well with my new flatties sam, and one of the others, Scott had me laughing so hard that I nearly wet myself, then Ryan asked to borrow my hair-dryer, which was an interesting question for a bloke with not a hair on his head. Soggy book, needed a dry - made sense once the rest of us stopped ragging him. Great Flat, happy already.
Bumped into Nick today, on his mobile and I was deep in convo with Riss, so we only had time to chuck a smile at each other. Happy to say that all the emotional garbage has been sorted with everything going in the correctly coloured bins. Still a great bloke, but a better friend.

...........................................

To back track somewhat, Belle and I ended up getting delayed on our flight back from Melbourne to Newcastle, due to the storms, so we didn't get in untill around 9:30pm. But our final day in Melbs was fantastic, hung out with Bec, Burkie and Sammy in St Kilda, ended up raining the whole day, which killed belle and my plans to ride something fast and swingy, so instead the mob of us bummed about the place, amusing ourselves. Burks soaked himself in the rain trying to hail a taxi, highly amusing. Twas great to see Bec again, growing fonder and fonder of her each time I see her. [Burks already knows I can't get enough of him ;) ] Sammy-Sammy, what a star - lovely, funny gal.

Friday night, this feels like going back weeks now. The night before St Kilda, Belle and I had a bit of a bash at My aunts. The family were all out, so we had run of the house. Paul, Den and Cathy popped round. Paul was running late, so we had a game of pool, Den and Belle Vs Cathy and I. Was hilarious, Cathy and I made the worlds worst team, we're sure of it - Den actually had some skill, so he helped Belle whack the white ball around the place and land some rather impressive shots. Cathy and I just spend the whole time cheering if we even managed to hit something, plus I'm pretty sure there was some ragging of team mates and pretending to know what we were doing. That girl had me in hysterics.
Paul arrived, and the second he hit the couch, he grabbed the guitar and started fiddling. liked that. The clan of us sat chatting for a while, watching bits and pieces of Star Wars [Oldies of course, I won't go anywhere near the new ones] before Cath and Den had to get going. Belle choofled off to the computer not long after and so finally after something close to 2 and a half years, Paul and I had our real-life D&m, and in all honesty, it was fantastic! I seriously love Paul, he is a great friend and brother, and I find so much encouragement in his presence. By the time he left, at the risk of ruining his reputation, he didn't resist the hug at all. I still remember what Paul said last year "Our real life friendship just needs some more practice, thats all" Practise is definitely a good thing, and we WILL be doing it more- I definitely want to get inside his head again soon, there really isn't any conversation like the ones shared face-to-face. priceless.

Aunty Jan has already started emailing me teaching positions available in Melbourne, though I'm not entirely convinced I'll end up there. I've decided that I'll leave the option open and allow myself to consider it. But really...who knows where I'll end up. Only time will tell.

Actually thinking that I might head home for a nap, was up till 4am chatting to Belle on the phone this morning, thats how much I can't get enough of the girl. sincerely though, I'm missing her already, has been a great trip and we've both matured enormously, we get each other better and we respect and appreciate and definitely honour one another with the honesty which can be tough sometimes, but in the long run makes our friendship stronger.

No comments: