Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Spunky strikes again! [it's a hit and a win!]


Life has been pretty full on lately. I'm working nearly everyday and living so far from Tim, means that we don't have a chance to see each other until the weekends roll around [finally].
But I really have to say it. I have the most wonderful and beautiful man in my life.
Tim rang me at lunch time to ask whether I wanted him to buy a will kit for the two of us...morbid! Apparantly a few fellas in his office were buying some and if they bought them in bulk they not only saved money in postage, but saved off the total cost. I gave the thumbs up- as it would mean one less thing to have to do later.
I have just had one doozie of a day. I was working at the Austistic School in Niddrie and I don't know whether it was the wind or the rain [trust me, they make a huge difference in kids behaviour] but the kids were feral, and my day was frustrating and painful [in the headache sense] When Tim had rung, so as not to come across a complete sook and winger Ididn't let on how gross it had been, but instead chose the eloquent phrase "I've had better, but I'll survive"

Anywhoo, to cut a long story short I received a phonecall from Tim half an hour after I finished work, I was just pulling into the driveway and he was asking if I had anything organised for dinner. I responded with a no, as it was Aunty Jans night to cook, but as she had a church meeting tonight, it was every man for himself.
Apparantly Timmy had been incredibly tuned in when he had chatted to me, and realised that my day was far crappier than I'd let on, and had therefore decided that I deserved some of the healing qualities of his presence and was on his way out with Chinese.

I'm going to blame my dodgy day and sore head, but I fair nearly cried. It was such a beautiful and needed gesture!

He's managed to turn an icky day into one which will end in smiles.

We've been doing a lot of work on our relationship, especially lately. Being so far apart and seeing so little of each other during the week, has meant that we're developing better time management, meaning that we've been trying to spend our time together in meaningful and productive ways. Now that doesn't mean that we never just chill out together, in fact most of the time we spend together, IS just hanging out, but we're less 'beat around the bush' in our communication, we say what we mean, and mean what we say. We're listening to each other better, listening to each others needs and really making an effort to communicate effectively. Our relationship just keeps going up and up.
We're in a really great place, and we're looking forward to getting to even better places. We realise it's not always easy, and we know that from experience. We've seen some pretty horrible places, but we've moved on from them, we've pushed our way through them all. We both made an agreement together and individually that "We WILL make this work" and that, I believe, makes all the difference.
Just keep on swimming, keep on caring and sharing and loving. Keep on respecting.
Love is such a beautiful thing.

1 comment:

Felicity said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeet. Where'd ya get the 'who loves you' pickie?