Sunday, May 27, 2007

Best of Times...


Tim really is such a valuable thing...Time with the ones you love is even more priceless.

It has been a crazy ole' weekend.

Wednesday afternoon I popped over to Tullarmarine airport to pick up Rea and Katie, who were heading into Melbourne mid week, as Rea was heading on over to Virgin Blue Air Hostess interviews, Kate was tagging along as a cheerleader and I suspect for a bit of a kick back and relax with her biggest fan...me!




So I pottered my way over to the airport at about 2pm, grabbed myself a park and proceeded to hunt around the baggage carousel, looking for the raggamuffins. 20 minutes and 3 phonecalls later we were finally hugging and wandering towards the car park.

I had stupidly made the assumption that they were flying Jetstar. I had been unable to talk to Katie the night before, so was rellying on the information being relayed through Tim. We always seem to fly Jetstar, and since nothing had been said to the contrary I was left to believe, this visit would be no different. The frustration of not finding each other for so long, proved I really should always ask!!
The next 3 days were spent, pottering between Tims place in the city and my Aunty Jans place in Keilor.

Unfortunately Rea didn't get the air hostess job she was interviewing for - to say she was devastated, would be an understatement. When Kate and I headed over to pick her up, straight after she'd found out, the mood in the car was icy-cold. Kate and I were giving each other this look of "What do we do?!" and trying to keep the conversation light, without being completely insensitive to Rea's dissapointment.
Rea simply didn't want to talk about it, refused to speak at all - we could understand that she was really upset, we knew how much she wanted it, but we were getting really worried that bottling it up and spending the rest of the trip feeling the burden of not getting it, wasn't healthy either. After close to an hour, we ended up just laying it out there, and letting her know that we could see how upset she was by it all, and that we were both sitting there racking our brains trying to work out what we could do to cheer her up without annoying the bejeebers out of her. The mood lightened and pretty soon we found ourselves at the shops, engaging in some retail therapy.

Friday night saw us heading out to the Hawthorn, and after an incredibly long winded finale of 'Rock, Paper & Scissors" hitting the dancefloor. Kate managed to find herself near a bloke who spent the entire time behind her, checking out her kaboose. Perhaps we're getting old, but by about 12am we were all ready to get going. The music was pretty ordinary, but being played way too loud. So off we wandered, back to Aunty Jans. Everyone fell into bed by about 2am. Thinking we were about to do the same, Katie and I were in our Jammies and ready to call it a night, when [I'm not sure exactly how it happened] 4:30am rolled around and we were both still up chatting. I miss Katie alot when she's not around.
I miss her even more now that she's back in NSW.

It's funny how you can forget to miss someone, but then when your with them you suddenly realise that your lacking. I felt that as I sat and chatted with Kate on Friday night - there she was, right in front of me, in the flesh and as wonderful and beautiful and amazing as ever, and I just really really missed her. It's tough being so far apart. I will never love a friend more than I love her. She will always be a part of my life and she will always have one of the deepest and most treasured parts of me.

She is incredible and I thank God for every person who has the blessing of knowing her and loving her. She changes people with her joy, with her heart, her love. Both Katie and Rea do. I know that I'm so blessed to have them.

It's seems so incredibly cheesy to say, but we truely are and always will be, Best friends forever.


1 comment:

◈lunaluna◈ said...

Your blog is very interesting!
Please, send me the photo of your pc desktop.
I'll publish on my blog!.
EMAIL: pcdesktop1@gmail.com