Sunday, July 03, 2005

Andy & Kim

I headed to Newcastle on Friday, for a visit to see Kate and Matt. But there was another agenda to this visit on saturday July 2nd 2005 my friends Andy and Kim were to be married.

Saturday rolled around, and there was this incredible excitement in the air. I had become an honourary member of the E-Crew, for the 2 nights I was in Newcastle I had rented a room at Elizabeth House, which was awesome I love this little hovel.
The wedding wasn't to start until 1:30pm but Kate, Erin and I had all decided to get there at around 1pm, we wanted the seats right behind the family, we wanted to be able to see everything!!
As we sitted in the pews chatting nervously to each other, we were blown away by the presence of God which filled the little church, it was absolutely beautiful, there was no doubt that God was there...it was amazing.
Finally 1:30 rolled around. Kim and Andy had decided to have a small wedding with only 60 people set to attend the reception, however the church was absolutely packed with friends who had decided to share this incredible day, myself one of them.
Finally the moment came, Andy and his groomsmen took their place at the top of the aisle, we all stood as the music began to softly float across the room.
The bridesmaids drfited up the aisle, looking absolutely lovely, untill finally Kim floated up the aisle looking radiant, her face shone with pure joy...the second I saw her arm linked with her fathers, my eyes bagan to well with tears (at the exact same time) Kate and I leaned into each other and whispered "She's with her Dad" I could see that Kates eyes were full of tears too.
Kim and her Dad were never incredibly close, but Kim had expressed her deep desire to walk the aisle with her father, but her biggest fear was that he would say no...so to see them together now, was nearly too much. To add to the emotion, the look on Andy's face as Kim approached, one word, Adoration.
As the music faded, the whole rooms eyes feel upon Andy and Kim as they stood hand in hand with the soft glow of candle-light gently stroking their faces. Andy's Pastor ran the service, welcoming and sharing verses, he then introduced the Calvary chapel mob, who had been preparing a short musical piece, Third Day's "Love Song" One guitar and 3 harmonies filled the small service, it was absolutely beautiful, the whole affair was so simple, but I felt God there, He was found within the simplicity of Love.
Before the vows Andy and Kim had asked Terry (Matt and Kates Pastor) to share a word...he shared on the sanctity of marriage, Tezza is such an incredible, incredible speaker, he shares God's word with such passion and makes it come to life, I could listen to him speak for hours on end.
Andy and Kim then exchanged vows, as they gazed into one anothers eyes, there was something so powerful there, not for a second did they look away, nothing broke their gaze...I actually found myself having to look away, for I felt as though I was intruding upon something so very sacred and intimate...I was overwhelmed by the moment.

Kim ended the ceremony, by singing the song "Beautiful", Kimmy had been tearing up all the way through the service so I was impressed that she was able to get up and sing as amazingly as she did.

Being at the service has really had me thinking so much lately. I look forward to the day when I've found the one that I love so deeply that I want to spend the rest of my life with them. At the same time I find the whole thing so frightening, to love someone that much is a scary thought, to invest so much in one person, I know that whoever it is, they will be worthy, but I have invested wrongly in the past, I've invested too much in someone who didn't deserve it. I guess my fear is that I don't think that I have the strength to get it wrong again, So my hesitation is clear...
...I want that sort of love, that level of intimacy, sincere transparency with another.
But untill then I wait with faith...with hope.

No comments: