Sunday, April 17, 2005

The Art of Patience...

tonight I really got to thinking...
A week ago I met an awesome man of God, he holds the qualities which fit the criteria, yet my heart refuses to flutter. This guy truely is amazing yet as he presented me with sign after sign that he was interested in being more than friends, I found myself drawing further and further away, for I am not interested in considering someone as a boyfriend before he has even become my friend.

Over the last few months God has presented me with opportunities to share true heart to heart communion with dear friends who have held a long standing affection for a special other, they have honoured me with their trust by allowing me to be a listening ear, encourager and supporter.

This time spent listening has strengthened in my spirit, the desire for true relationship. I don't want to be anyones 'quick fix', no longer am I content to have someone think 'hey, she's alright we should get together', having only just met.

I want to be considered, I want to be prayed over, that this man would ask God to show him what he desires. I want to be admired for a time, to be considered worth patience, to be enough that nothing need be rushed. For Gods hand and will being on the relationship holds the most importance of all.

And in return, they will never have to doubt my affections towards them either, for they too have been considered heavily, and they too are worth waiting for...

No comments: