Sunday, April 17, 2005

Finer Nights

Oh how times can change...
On the 10 of April I posted under the title "Unjust Judgement" about the falling out between a close friend and myself. All I can say is that we sit under the wings of an awesome and faithful God.
As I type this now, I quickly scan my watch, I'm due to leave home in Forster to head back to Armidale in just under an hour. What I feel is familiar, ever since I moved to Armidale for University it has been a battle, my heart is not convinced that it wants to be there. I still remember the conversations I shared with God on the matter before I moved there for my first year. When it came down to it God wanted me there and so who was I to argue with that. God has supplied me with incredible friends and support, after painfully teaching me to relly on him totally (a lesson I must learn constantly) so I do know what a faithful God I serve, however every so often something happens in life which sparks a passion and a thrill, and for me that happened last night.

As I shared in previous entries, a dear friendship of mine, suffered terribly and pain was caused upon both sides. It broke my heart to think that what was precious may be lost.
I know that it was Gods grace that brought around the change in us both, for my heart had become stone cold, that was how I was going to deal. If I didn't care then I would be able to let go, but as time went on I began to soften. As I was sitting cleaning out my room, packing my bags to head back to Uni, I found my old photo album figuring I'd earnt a break I stopped to have a flick through it's pages...photo after photo captured incredible moments of joy and laughter which I had shared with this incredible other, and I wept, crying out to God and offering it up to him because I so desperately didn't know how to fix it.
That afternoon as I popped onto the net to check my emails I spotted one, realizing instantly who it was I opened and read...she wanted reconciliation as desperately as I did...
I responded with joy...
and so Last night we found ourselves sharing dinner and enjoying the laughter and communion we had shared for so many years. We chatted and shared about our lives and passions, our dreams and aspirations, the things that troubled us and what we will one day do. Awww...I cannot think of a finer night...
She didn't leave until 2:30am...
But we ended with the biggest hug and the simple words "I Love You"

So last night I slept better than I had in many nights...
...My God is so big, so strong and so mighty...

No comments: