Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Moving On...

So the University term has begun again, and I'm beginning to ease back into mode, however this term upon my return somethings changed. As I step back into life in Armidale, I return with a quieter, more eased spirit.
Over the three weeks break I've been given opportunity to really evaluate the life which I was living here, and come to the conclusion that there are things which are going to have to change.

During my time at University I have enjoyed the company of great mates and a few drinks on a wednesday night, some hilarious moments have been captured and imprinted upon my memory. However I have begun to consider my heart, and I realized that behind all the fun and the laughs there lay another intention, another agenda to these nights out.
I am indeed guilty of enjoying the male attention received when I've made special effort in regards to my appearance. While I never intended to date any of these guys, and none of my behaviour has been anywhere near destructive, I've come to the realization that there are better things, more productive things I could be doing with my time...after all, the time out is usually spent in the company of droning, bluthering, drunk fools, so no real bonding is going on...

it's been fun while it lasted, however now I feel it's time to move on...
I don't find myself content with shallow, idle conversational chit-chat...
I long for true transparency, to be surrounded by ones who know the heart and willingly bare their own before me as well...

Lifes too short to waste away...

My only dilemma now...whatever am I going to do on wednesday nights??

I'm sure that I'll think of something

1 comment:

Bella said...

hey Jessie-bum....loving the blog!!
As for what you can do on Wednesday nights....an online Bible Study with your little sister =)
I'm up for it if you are aswell....it could be great.
Anyhoobs, have a wonderful day and we'll chat soon.
Love you girly,
Bella xx