Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Latest...

Okay...so I'm procrastinating!!

I'm supposed to be working on a programming assignment. Plan 2 week programs for a year 3 class in both english and maths, include situation analysis of community, school and classroom. Plan 10 lessons each lasting 1 hour for each subject (20 hours altogether) include 2 detailed lesson plans for each subject...blah blah blah...

programming is probably the worst part of teaching, it's tedious and often frustrating. See I don't want to plan lessons which bore me, coz if I'm getting bored then I can gurantee the kids are dying!...

... (back to assignment)...

OKAY! I've made a decision, we're doing a unit on "Tongue Twisters" for English!

...(back to assignment)...

so I figured I hadn't been on here and posting in a bit, so if there is anyone hanging out to hear from me (which somehow I doubt :P ) I figured I'd give a posting of whats been going on with me lately.
Of late, I've been thinking about my vegetarianism, I'm not a huge meat fan anyway, it's never really excited me, but the other day I got to thinking about my plans for mission work, and the possibility of offending people if I head into their community, they offer me something and I refuse because I'm vegetarian and don't eat meat. I was chatting to Felicity about it at church on sunday. I have been having the best time getting to know this beautiful girl over the last couple of months, we share so many similar experiences, and so often I see myself in her, and that causes us to relate to one another incredibly well. So I've decided to sit on it, and just think. I've heard all the arguments, I know that God gave us authority and dominion over all living things...yeah I know, but I just really like animals, and I don't really feel as though I'm missing out by not eating them, and believe me I'm not a oblivious vegetarian freako, I know that they're going to kill the same amount of animals whether I eat them or not, I'm not actually saving any of them...but yeah, leave it with me, I'm in negotiations. Because ultimately if eating meat is the difference between reaching people, and them allowing me to fellowship with them...well...

I've decided that it's time I really started to plant myself in my church, and make myself useful through service and such. I've started heading along to wednesday night band, as a backing singer. The idea of getting up in front of a tonne of people scares the bejeebers out of me, but when Felicity suggested it, something in my spirit jumped and said 'yes' which was then quickly followed by me going "Awww...um...I dunno" but I managed to get myself there, and right now, wednesday nights is sort of an intro to worship band, it's meant to ease you in slowly...and I've found that I'm freaking out, having to sing into a microphone, but when I just blocked everything, and threw myself into worship, all that fear just slipped away, and I was okay.
Theres four of us now, myself, felicity, Jess, and Erin all singing back-up and Nicole on lead and the dynamic is...like, wow! when we were singing together last week there was this natural harmony which emerged that was insane, and by the end of it the soundy, Colin had turned all the instruments down and the singers mikes up so the only thing you could hear was that harmony...it actually gave me chills, one of the finest evenings I've had lately.
Then last night at our girlies group, we usually start with some worship and Nicole asked Felicity, Erin and myself to join her...she asked and then turned to me and said "Don't you think thats an awesome idea!!" my first reaction was "NO!" :P but yeah we got up and had a sing, and again I was terrified, untill I stopped thinking about the people watching and instead it just game down to one chick singing to her God.

So, it being wednesday and all, means that 5pm band is on again tonight, and yes I'm looking forward to it. I don't know whether I'll ever actually join the worship team, but I'm enjoying having the opportunity to sing now...I love it!

Chatted to Clancy last night about the possibility of starting a Kids-Klub in the church, it would be through a proper organisation (can't remember the name) but it's a cross between Girl-guides and Boy-scouts, so the kiddilies combine, and they go on camping trips and learn all their survival stuff, but theres also a biggen God focus to it all...and I reckon thats awesome! I would have loved something like that when I was a kid. So we'll see what happens, Clancy and I are chatting about it, trying to work it out.

Lifes pretty good at the moment, I'm trying to follow the lead of Jacob and become more of a grabber in life, sure there were many a time that he went about it the wrong way, but I want to take hold of more of the things God wants me to have. ;) rather than sitting on my butt and hoping it'll fall in my lap, which I know I've done in the past.

No comments: