Tuesday, May 31, 2005

funny times.

about 3 weeks ago, my girl Belle came to visit me here in Armidale. It was surreal and awesome all at the same time to have her in my second home. I took her to a few different places all around Armidale and down to Tamworth, but the best times I had with the girl were all found within the flat, being idiotic and laughing till our tummies hurt. Thinking back on some of them still makes me laugh out loud.
The thing I love about our relationship is the way that we know each other so well...so well that when one of us starts a joke, or talking in a dopey accent then the other will quickly follow suit. One time on a ride home in Belles car we both chatted away in our teeny bopper accents for so long that we ended up having to saying "Okay this is just sad now....lets stop".
But the thing I love about Belle is that sometimes she's so Unco. Why do I love it? because it makes me laugh so hard, especially when she's left sprawled on the ground cracking herself laughing.
Belle is perhaps the best 'Bed-maker' I know, I was lying on my bed watching her make her bed one night while she was visiting me. She was making sure everything was tucked in nicely, upon finishing she stood up to realize that she was backed into a corner, my room wasn't big enough for her to get out without walking on her freshly made bed. Not wanting to mess it up, Belle instead stretches her short little leg over her matress,in order to struggle onto my bed (the girl only has short little legs, so I was impressed that she made it) as she stood on the edge of my bed trying to re-gain her balance, I tapped her on the butt with my foot and watched as she fell from the bed, convinced she was going to hit the ground bum first I watched with quiet anticipation as she landed on her feet. I was slightly dissapointed but had to grant WELL DONE!! but the girl wasn't finished, she took another 3 steps trying to balance herself each time, untill she made a huge skid across the floor out into the hallway and landed, full weight on her butt!! I was rolling on my bed laughing so hard...the only thing which would have made it more perfect was if Wae-Jae had come walking up the hall right as she fell...

The next highlight of the weekend was the wrestling. As we were cooking one night, Belle came wandering out with an empty 2 Litre Pepsi bottle and began whacking it into my knee caps repeatedly...this was the sign that "IT WAS ON!!" we started the pushing and shoving...using my legs I began to whack back at her knee caps, I realized that if I held her back at arms length, her little arms weren't long enough to be able to whack my knee's with the bottle. So I held her back and continued to kick at her with my feet. She's a ferocious little vixen, but I managed to kick the bottle out of her hands and continued to kick at her knee's until she lost her balance...however, this is where she caught me off guard. with her hand firmly clamped around my leg as she fell, she did so with the thought "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me" and together we fell into one huge heap on the floor..., just as Liz came walking out of her room, someone else in the room obviously isn't enough to stop the fight, I watched as Belle tried to reach for the bottle again, trying to pin her legs with my body, I said a quick thankyou that my arms are longer than hers, as she squirmed about I managed to whack the bottle out of her reach...I can't fully remember what happened next, but I'm pretty sure there was a bit of shoving and kicking, before we stood back up while trying to shove the other one back onto the ground, brushed the dirt off ourselves and re-entered the kitchen with a little chuckle, and no recollection of who acutally won...for the record I would like to say that I did! :P

And the final story I will share with you for now, came sunday night. I took Belle to my Church here in Armidale, both the morning and the evening service, which I hope she enjoyed (I know I love it) at the end of the evening service we always have Cafe`, scrummy food and great company, what more could you ask for. Belle, Amy and myself were playing "Forkies". Earlier in the evening Amy had burnt her hand under hot water, so she had a bag of frozen peas keeping her arm cooled. As the intensity of the game built, it eventually became a Pea-pegging match, which was hilarious. However, being the mature and thoughtful children we are, we decided to clean up after ourselves picking up all the stray pea's. Belle had taken off her shoes for the evening, so unbeknownst to Belle, all the Peas Amy and I picked up, went straight into the bottom of her shoe....hehehe ;) ...she worked out it later in the night as she put her shoes back on to go home!

I'm sure there are plenty more stories, however for now I will save everyone the boredom, beacause I think it's often a case of, you just had to be there...
but I will say this;

Thanks for the awesome weekend, the hilarious memories Belle, I love you SO much, you know I reckon your awesome! I can't wait to see you again, and I hope your able to come and visit me here again some time.

1 comment:

Bella said...

all I'll say is...

we both know it was ME who kicked butt that weekend! ;-)