Monday, May 16, 2005

Rekindling the dream.

I've always had a passion for mission, in the last six months alone I've had that many people cross my path who have been on missions to Africa that it's starting to get ridiculous. I guess the thing with life is that often you get caught up in it, you have your passions, sure but with everything which 'needs' to be done, sometimes you have to place them on the back-burner for a while and wait it out. I guess thats what I'd done of late.
The passion for missions still burnt, but I'd basically decided that until I finished my University degree they were going to have to wait...the hum-drum of Uni, of everyday life has the ability to numb the dream somewhat...

And then, sunday morning in walks Kevin Hovey from Global Training Ministries. The stories he had to share, his wisdom, his passion for God's great commision captured me, and stirred in me again.
You couldn't have held me back, as soon as the service was over I was right beside Kevin, chatting away. So my issue of late has been, what am I doing? like right now all I felt as though all I was doing was waiting it out, till I could finally hit the mission field...the African Mercy Ship, my dream. Chatting to kevin meant that when I walked out of Church on Sunday morning I felt more hope than I had felt in quite a while. Yes it made me feel incredibly underprepared to head into an un known country, but it also comforted me to know that there was a missions training program run over six weeks, which coincided with my Summer holidays. This is something I can do NOW, in order to reach my dream.
As I read Burkies blog entry clutch, gear, brakes, rev, clutch... I related in a big way...I had allowed myself to become stagnant also.
Okay, so right now missions may be out of the question, but there is no reason why I can't begin to prepare myself for what will come with time. I believe with all honesty that God has placed this passion within me...and more than anything I belive that I'm responsible for choosing my path, and God'll help direct my steps.
I will make it to Africa one day,granted not today but I'm going to start building towards my dream now, I'm not letting this slip through my fingers.

No comments: